Working with people with disabilities is some of the most fulfilling work you can do. The introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) means the demand for workers has never been higher. A Certificate IV in Disability Support provides a clear and dedicated pathway into the sector with immediate employment opportunities. Completion of this nationally recognised certificate enables you to work in the disability sector anywhere in Australia in amazingly diverse and rewarding roles.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and client’s homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and wellbeing. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
OverviewNational Code CHC43121 Delivery Mode Blended - Face to face classroom and online Assessment Mode Classroom, Online and Self-study Duration 6 – 12 months including practical placement Location Station Road Burpengary, Qld
Before enrolling into the Certificate IV Disability Support (CHC43021) course, students MUST have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) – CHC33015 or Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) – CHC33021, or completed the Certificate III in Disability – CHC30408 PLUS the CHCSS00125 Entry to Certificate IV in Disability Support Skill Set.
Students should already possess the foundation skills in language, literacy and numeracy (LL&N). To ensure students are set up for success, each student is required to complete the Language, Literacy & Numeracy Assessment to determine what level they are currently working at and if they are suitable to proceed with this qualification. Where students do not have the necessary skills, they may be provided with additional support to develop their literacy and numeracy skills to this level if appropriate, or alternatively they will be provided information on other more appropriate courses.
Unique Student Identification (USI) number is a reference number that is required by the Federal Government of Australia. The USI is valuable for Government as it enables the collection of information about students’ training and study activity, and their movements within the Vocational and Education T raining (VET) and Higher Education systems. This information provides an important foundation for understanding and improving VET and Higher Education performance and better meeting the needs of students, education or training providers and employers.
Students are required to apply for the USI. Details on how to apply can be found here: https://www.usi.gov.au/
This qualification requires a basic understanding and use of computers and the internet. Support will be provided as required to develop the students’ skills.
To assist the enrolment process when you hit the ‘Enrol Now’ button, can please have the following documents, ready with you as you will need to upload them during the enrolment process:
- Identification Requirements:
- Queensland Diver’s Licence, or
- Photo Identification Card, or
- Adult Proof of Age Card, or
- Heavy Vehicle or Marine Licence, or
- Australian passport
- Concession Requirements (if applicable):
- Pensioner Concession Card, or
- Health Care Card, or
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Australian Citizenship Requirements:
- Australian passport, or
- Australian Citizenship Certificate, or
- Australian Birth Certificate, or
- Green Medicare Card
- Queensland Residency Requirements:
- Queensland Diver’s Licence, or
- Photo Identification Card, or
- Adult Proof of Age Card, or
- Heavy Vehicle or Marine Licence,
- Australian Electoral Commission document, or
- contract of property purchase, lease / rental document, mortgage / land ownership
- electricity, gas or telephone account issued the last six (6) months, or
- Queensland local government rates notice
- Previous Study Document Requirements:
- Qualification / Award / Certificate
- Academic Transcript/s
To successfully achieve the CHC43121 – Certificate IV in Disability Support, ten (10) Units of Competency must be completed which are made up of:
- 7 Core Units of Competency
- 3 Elective Units of Competency
|CHCCCS044||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports||Core|
|CHCDIS017||Facilitate community participation and social inclusion||Core|
|CHCDIS018||Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach||Core|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance||Core|
|CHCDIS019||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs||Core|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues||Core|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety||Core|
|CHCDIS020||Work effectively in disability support||Specified Elective|
|CHCCCS036||Support relationships with carers and families||Specified Elective|
|CHCCCS001||Address the needs of people with chronic disease||Specified Elective|
The Certificate IV in Disability Support (CHC43121) has a mandatory requirement to obtain a practical placement. Students often find placements hard to source and difficult to manage.
DIVTEC Training College can solve this this for you!
Through its industry partners we can coordinate and place our students where they will complete the mandatory 120 hours. This practical placement will not only assist in developing work-ready skills but will also help to consolidate the skills and knowledge for some units that you study.
This course will be delivered using a blended delivery methodology. The blended methodology employed by DIVTEC Training College will include face to face classroom training as well as online learning.
The practical component is conducted at DIVTEC’s Simulated Training Centre located at our Burpengary campus at 10 Station Road Burpengary Qld.
Employment opportunities could include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings, including residential and Centre-based programs.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification:
- Disability Officer – Day Support
- Disability Support Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
- Coordinator of Volunteers (Services to Older People)
- Leisure and Therapy Assistant.
The following occupations relate to this qualification.
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Community Development Officer
- Day Support Disability Officer
- Disabilities Supervisor
- Disability Service Officer
- Disability Support Assistant (Schools)
- Disability Team Leader
- Job Coordinator
- Lifestyle Support Officer
- Local Area Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator (Disability)
- Project Officer
- Senior Disability Worker
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Social Educator (Disability)
- Social Trainer
- Support Facilitator (Disability).
DIVTEC Training College offers you a Payment Plan, which enables you to pay for the course over its duration. Your first instalment is required as part of the enrolment process. Following commencement, you will be debited electronically each week until the completion of your payment plan.
For more details about the Payment Plan option please contact 3855 9215 or email: [email protected]
To be eligible for the discounted concession fee, you must meet any of the below criteria:
- Hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card;
- Provides DIVTEC Training College with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner, or the person of whom the student is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card;
- Is Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander;
- Has a disability; or
- Is an adult prisoner.
All Programs (Government Subsidised and Full Fee)Fee Type Student Fee Government Subsidised** $100 Full Fee $4,200 Staff Fee* $2,800
RPL available. All prices are quoted at a per unit rate and may vary depending on unit selection. Concessional students are charged 40% of the listed fees.
* Discount applies to staff of approved partner organisations.
**The Queensland Government subsidises the training through the High Level Skills Program for eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate IV level qualification and to increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career via subsidised training.Call us to find out if you're eligible
RTO ID: 32535
This training course is a Nationally Recognised Certificate and meets AQF standards.
DIVTEC Training College has met the Government’s requirements to provide subsidised training. This gives Vocational Education and Training (VET) students, parents and employers confidence that the training delivered by DIVTEC Training College has met provisions under the Government criteria.
This Certificate IV in Disability Support (CHC43121) is subsidised under the High Level Skills funding arrangement with the Skills Assure Supplier contract that DIVTEC Training College has with the Government. Students must meet the eligibility criteria to access the subsidised training.