This four-hour course provides carers, families and support workers with an understanding of safe work practices when completing manual handling tasks. It provides information regarding your responsibilities for Occupational Health & Safety within a workplace. The workshop includes practical demonstrations of the safe operation of a manual hoist, standing lifter and tips for the safe operation of mobility equipment and aids.
OverviewDelivery Mode Face-to-face Assessment Mode Classroom Duration 4 hours Location 10 Station Road Burpengary, Qld
- Safe work practices
- Safe Operation of Manual Lifting Hoist
- Safe use of slide sheets
- Safe Operation of Mobility Equipment/Aids
- Safe Operation of Standing Lifter
- Client Considerations
- Practical demonstration and assessment.
- All course material provided
- At the successful completion of the workshop, participants are given a certificate of completion
- All courses are delivered by qualified trainers and assessors with relevant sector experience
- All courses require an in-class assessment.
Full Course FeesFee Type Student Fee Full Fee $150 Staff Fee* $130
*Discount applies to staff of ONCALL and partner organisations.
Please note: All course dates are subject to change dependent on student numbers.